We continue to enhance the COSI 'Open' Education web site with new studies, links, and videos.
The following are various selected reports and studies provided on the web site examining the qualitative and quantitative benefits of using open source education software technologies and solutions:
- Best Practices in Open Source Higher Education - A 2006 report for the Alliance for Higher Education Competitiveness on the state of open source software for use by higher education.
- The Impact of Open Source Software on Education - A collection of articles and case studies from around the world.
- Making Decisions About Open Source Software for K-12 - A web site and reports prepared by the Northwest Regional Education Laboratory.
- Open Source Software in Education - A report published in EduCause Quarterly in 2008 about open source options.
- Open Source Collaboration in Higher Education - A report from the Open Source Summit on Education published in 2007
- Open Source Tools & Education Apps - A report published by Datamation, June 2010.
- The State of the Learning Management in Higher Education Systems - A 2009 report from the California State University System, in collaboration with the Delta Initiative consultancy group, on the use of enterprise Learning Management Systems (LMS) in higher education.
If you would like to suggest new material or links to be added to the web site, please email email@example.com