The following are links to selected organizations focused on Collaborative, Open Source, & Innovative (COSI) education technologies and solutions for the 21st century:
· Alliance for Higher Education Competitiveness - Looking into innovative and open solutions and developing and disseminating actionable best practices through collaborative, ongoing research.
· Classroom 2.0 - A social networking organization and web site focused on the growing community of educators interested in learning how to better use collaborative information technologies and solutions.
· Community College Consortium for Open Educational Resources - Over 200 community colleges partnering to develop and use open educational resources, especially open textbooks for college courses.
· Connexions - A virtual environment for collaboratively developing, freely sharing, and rapidly publishing scholarly content on the Web.
· Consortium for School Networking - Empowering K-12 school districts and their technology leaders to use new education technologies and tools strategically to improve teaching and learning
· EduForge - A virtual collaborative learning and exploratory environment designed for the sharing of ideas, research outcomes and information about open source run by the Open Source Learning Lab.
· FlossEd.Org - Dedicated to Free, Libre, Open Source Software and content for education.
· JASIG - A global consortium of educational institutions & commercial affiliates sponsoring open source software projects for higher education.
· Kuali Foundation - A community of universities, colleges, businesses, and other organizations that have partnered to build and sustain open-source administrative software for higher education, by higher education.
· Moodle Community - Working to give educators the best tools to manage and promote learning.
* Visit COSI 'Open Education for even more information and links.
· OpenCourseWare Consortium - A collaboration of higher education institutions and associated organizations from around the world creating a broad and deep body of open educational content using a shared model.
· Open Educational Resources (OER) Commons - Providing access to a wide range of teaching and learning materials that may be freely used and shared - for elementary schools, high schools, and universities.
· Open Learning Exchange (OLE) - Developing a world-wide network of public-private grassroots organizations committed to providing universal basic education in nations where the need exists.
· Open Source Education Foundation - Seeking to enhance k-12 education through the use of technologies and concepts derived from the Free and Open Source Software movement.
· Sakai Foundation - A non-profit corporation engaged in the collaborative design, development and distribution of open-source software for education, research and related scholarly activities.
· Second Life Education Community Portal - A collaborative community of educators building and sharing cutting edge virtual reality learning environments, tools, and programs of the future.
· UNESCO Open Educational Resources - A UNESCO sponsored community of interest focused on the use of Information and Communication Technology (ICT) in higher education.
· U.S. Department of Education - Online resources of interest to students, teachers, parents, administrators, and more.
· WikiEducator and Open Education Resources (OER) Foundation - A collaborative community working on free content for e-Learning and various other projects building open education resources.
· WikiMedia Commons - An online repository of freely licensed, sharable educational photos and images available on the internet.
Do you have other great links you would like to recommend? Remember, the focus of the organizations should be on Collaboration, Open Solutions, & Innovation (COSI) in Education.